Wednesday, August 6, 2008
3 step guide for an insurance career in London.
1. Be a Fellow of I.I.I
2. Complete ACII (UK) in India
3. Have a global career in UK
*World capital of Insurance
Similarly, you can get qualifications of LOMA-USA, and Insurance Institute of Canada
Cross recognition of Insurance Institute of India Qualifications by C.I.I (UK), LOMA (USA) and C.I.P (Canada)
* The Chartered Insurance Institute, London grants 4 exemptions to the Associates and 7 exemptions to the fellows of Insurance Institute of India in their ACII program consisting of 10 subjects.
* Life Office Management Association, U.S.A. grants 3 exemptions in their FLMI designation to the Fellows (Life) of Insurance Institute of India.
* Insurance Institute of Canada grants 3 exemptions to Associates & 4 exemptions to Fellows of I.I.I in their CIP programme consisting of 10 papers.
Benefits: All the Public and Private Sector Insurance Companies recognize the Institute's diploma as one of the highest qualification in Insurance and they encourage their employees to appear for the Institutes' examinations. Public Sector Insurance Company offers cash incentives to their employees who pass the institute examination.
* IRDA has made it mandatory for all insurance domain trainers to be Associate of I.I.I. These qualifications are gaining in importance & professional recognition comes easy for A.I.I.I & F.I.I.I.
* Persons with the associate & fellow qualifications are sought after by all private insurance companies for their training and operation departments
Licentiate/Associate/Fellowship Exams, conducted by Insurance Institute of India ‘LiFEPrimer’Course
Diploma course conducted by I.I.I:
This course is of three tiers consisting of Licentiate, Associateship and Fellowship examination.
I) Licentiate: 3 papers
This is an elementary course and it is mandatory for all the candidates to pass this examination before appearing for next higher level of examination.
II) Associateship: 6 papers
Only those candidates who have passed “Licentiate” examination are allowed to appear to enroll for this course.
III) FELLOWSHIP: 6 papers
Only those candidates who have passed “Associateship” examination can enroll for this course. Candidate has to pass total “6” subjects to qualify for the fellowship diploma.
After passing the associateship examination and after getting elected you may add with your name A.I.I.I. and on completion of fellowship and election; F.I.I.I.
Exams conducted twice a year. (i.e. April/May and October/November).
Course duration/classroom training:
: 3 full days per subject for licenciate exams-3 papers
: 3 days per subject for associateship exams-6 papers
: 4 days per subject for fellowship exams-6 papers
GET C.I.I (UK) DIPLOMA & PG Program in Global Insurance & International Risk Management
Name of course: PG Program in Global Insurance & International Risk Management
Duration of course: 18 months (1.5 years). Accelerated program: 1 year for insurance professionals
Core subjects: total 15 covering 3 Licentiate papers, 6 Associate papers & 6 Fellowship papers
plus: 3 papers of Chartered Insurance Institute (C.I.I),
plus 2 papers on global insurance and risk management-I & II
Total: 380 credits for certification.
For more details, refer to the CIFP prospectus. Admissions open for September batch: Maximum: 20 students. Kindly book your seats early to avoid disappointment later.
Course fees: Full program: Rs. 39,000
Ø Installment options: 1 year fees/ 1st term installment: Rs. 24000, including registration, classroom training fees, online/ e-learning fees, cost of learning resources/ content for each subject, reading resources made available for global exposure. Case study papers made available during each training module.
Ø 1st year: 2nd term fees: Rs. 20000
Course delivery modes: distance learning mode; with classroom contact sessions, online learning support, e-mail delivery of researched papers, study options, case study approach learning covering global insurance best practices & strategy.
In this competitive world of life insurance business, you need advanced knowledge & practical skills, to enhance your value. What better than a C.I.I (UK) diploma-the highest insurance qualification in the world.The whole world will be a potential job market post C.I.I Qualification.